Changelog (of Ozobot Python for Web)
- Python programs can be passed to editor via the POST method
- Automatic robot firmware compatibility check and robot update implemented
- improved UI
- set_wheel_speeds issue fixed
- LineFollowing API implemented
- Changelog and FAQ added
- autocompletion shows API documentation
- documentation copy review and fixes
- supports Ozobot Evo FW 3.0
- bot.navigate.stop() doesn't work
- no sensors supported
- occasionally fails on page load (refresh - F5 resolves the issue)
__name__ resolves to
builtins instead of
__main__. This is a known issue and should be fixed in pyodide upstream.
- Occasionally, some API call doesn't unblock, which in turn stalls a task.
- The issue occurs especially when the API calls are made at high rate or from more tasks simultaneously.
- To confirm this is the case, see the console for warning:
the RPC order advanced by more than 1. If you see this, you encountered the performance issue.
- The only workaround is to reduce the number of API calls made, or run the Editor on more performant hardware.
- The Ozobot team is aware of the issue and architected a solution; however, the implementation will take some time.
- Mac Montery occassionally has timeout issues during update. Under investigation.
- Python 3.8.2
- single robot connection & control
- Move, Sound, LEDs API implemented
- API documentation (preview)
- quick start examples